Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas In Review

With the holidays and all, I know many of you in the blogosphere are taking some time off, not updating as often, etc. Never fear! Such is not the case here. I am already significantly bored at home. And after New Year's I'm having oral surgery and will be completely beached on the couch, not to mention on all sorts of drugs, which should make the posting a little more interesting.

Now that you all know what I was doing on my holidays, I can give a little review. For the record: it all went pretty much according to plan, more or less. The curling was especially entertaining, and was actually kind of fun for a little while. It actually wasn't too hard once I got the hang of it. But I see why it's referred to as a "gentleman's game"--there is little to no aerobic activity involved. Pictures will be following in due time.

In other news, I, completely unexpectedly, really cleaned up on Christmas this year. My mother forced a wishlist out of me because I'm apparently impossible to shop for (I disagree) and all my relatives were asking for one back in November, so I sent her a list with a bunch of things of which I expected to get one, maybe two. Basically all stuff that I didn't want to pay for myself. Nope! I got almost all of them. Among other things:


An iPod Touch




Canon PowerShot




Tory Burch flats




New brown riding boots




Gawker Guide to Conquering All Media (a joke from Adam...but I love it)




More of my favorite perfume...Ralph Lauren Blue



Along with a bunch of other books, CDs, gift certificates, $$$, etc. I was blown away. I wasn't expecting anything, and I felt like a kid getting all this stuff. Getting the camera AND the iPod AND the TB flats was far too much. But yay! Sometimes it's great having so many relatives.

So here's the question: now that I have a functioning, quality camera, as opposed to my shitty old one or the two shittier ones before it, I intend to use it as much as possible. And I can only have so many Facebook albums before I feel like a loser. So, I need a place to put them all...do I jump on the Flickr bandwagon? Or is there something better out there? Joining Flickr feels like such a cliche, but I hate how places like Kodak or Shutterfly require other people to sign in to view your photos. Suggestions?

Update: Approximate time at home that the Broseph and I actually got along <24 hours. Better than usual!

2 comments:

Oob said...

Wow, did you clean up! Love the shoes... both pairs. :) How do you like the camera so far? I'm in the market for a new one. As for flickr/shutterfly, I have to agree that it's a pain to have to sign into anything so I'd be apt to go the flickr route too. Good luck on the surgery, too. Never fun. Hope the drugs treat ya well!

Casey said...

Thanks! I love the camera, I'm a big supporter of Canon, I think they make the best digital cameras. As for Flickr, I'm leaning in that direction...sigh.